Mainframe - z/OS Management Services Catalogs: Importance of z/OSMF Workflows
- z/OS Management Services Catalog, zMSC, allows you to customize a z/OSMF Workflow for your enterprise, and publish it in a catalog for others to "click and use".
- There are 7 initial sample Services that IBM provides, or you can provide your own with a starting Workflow.
- zMSC Services are based on z/OSMF Workflows. You can see why the discussion on knowing z/OSMF Workflows is important.
Performance - System Recovery Boost (SRB) Early Experiences
- System Recovery Boost provides boosts of two kinds: speed and zIIP.
- There are different capabilities of SRB, based on which HW server you are running (z15 or z16):
- Shutdown - which allows you to have 30 minutes worth of boosting during shutdown. This function must be requested to be used each time.
- IPL - which allows you to have 60 minutes worth of boosting during IPL. This function, provided by default, is on.
- Recovery Process Boost, provided on IBM z15. Extends to structure or connectivity recovery, for instance.
- Newer additional functions for Recovery Process Boost, specifically on IBM z16, for stopping and starting certain middleware.
- Martin has several early field experience, which he has summarised in four blog posts.
Topics - Stickiness
- This topics explores what makes some technologies sticky, and some not.
- Martin and Marna discuss some of the attributes are important for continuing to be used, and what makes a function fall away over time.
- Usability and immediacy
- Setup complexity
On the blog
- Marna's blog is here
- Martin has quite a few new blog articles here
So It Goes